Tuesday, October 4, 2011

on of my most Loved Morrison Poems xo







Well I used to know someone fair

She had orange ribbons in her hair

She was such a trip

She was hardly there

But I loved her

Just the same.


There was rain in our window,

The FM set was ragged

But she could talk, yeah,

We learned to speak


And one year

has gone by

Such a long long road to seek it

All we did was break and freak it

We had all

That lovers ever had

We just blew it


And I'm not sad

Well I'm mad

And I'm bad


And two years

have gone by

Now her world was bright orange

And the fire glowed


And her friend had a baby

And she lived with us

Yeah, we broke through the window

Yeah, we knocked on the door

Her phone would not answer,Yeah,

but she's still home


Now her father has passed over

& her sister is a star

& her mother smokes diamonds

& she sleeps out in the car


Yeah, but she rememebers Chicago

The musicians & guitars

& grass by the lake& people who laugh'd

& made her poor heart ache

Now we live down in the valley

We work out on the farm
We climb up to the mountains


& everything's fine

& I'm still here

& you're still there

& we're still around

No comments:

Post a Comment